A while back, I posted a video that I made as an audition for a group called Voice Male.
I initially thought that I was applying for an internship with a misogynistic telecommunications company, but it turns out that it was a six-man singing group. I thought that perhaps "baritone" was a nickname or title. Maybe short for Baron von TouchTone. Who knew?
Anyway, I made it into the group.
It's true. You can check it out here. See that picture of a bureaucratic-looking, deer-in-the-headlights guy? That's me. That picture was used because the people making the announcement needed a picture and I had not provided one. So they resorted to Google-ing me (don't worry mom, it just means looking me up on the computer), and somewhere lodged in the great bowels of the internet was this picture.
The funny thing about the picture is that I have absolutely no recollection of ever sitting for it, and what's spookier is that I do not recognize the tie. I can only assume that the Voice Male webmasters and mistresses have access to a search engine that sees into the future.
I took the evidence to Lady Buffington. She said, "Oh, that's from your first year in the MPA program. The tie is my brother's; you borrowed it for our engagement photos and hadn't given it back yet, even though it had been like three years. Also, this was the day that you ..." She went on from there into ever-increasing detail, replete with foibles and anecdotes.
So, the picture is from eight years ago. And, my lady has a great memory. Warning, here comes a colloquialism: Her memory is so good she'd tell a cheetah his spots were in the wrong place, and by gum she'd be right!
So the moral of the story, have better pictures on the internet.
Also, go check out my group's website. If you haven't seen Voice Male perform before, they're--excuse me--we're really funny. You'll have a good time. Check the performance calendar, and get tickets. And, if you're on Facebook, like us.
One more also, you can see me, Lady Buffington, Ike, and Mimi in Savior of the World in the Conference Center Theatre every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday matinee (except for December 2, 9,10, and 21) from the middle of November until the end of December. Tickets are available at lds.org (find the events page).
3 comments:
Congrats! How exciting for you!
I KNEW it!!!!! It just fits you so perfectly!!!!!!!
Congratulations. Now we need to get tickets for the next performance. When I met them in July, I told them I knew you. They all commented on remembering you and loving your sense of humor and your talent. So my fingers were crossed for you since then. YEA!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!
~a
Congratulations Rick!! That's so awesome!! I hope you have a blast.
Post a Comment