Hi. A couple of cool things are happening in my life right now. I will tell you about them some other time, because right now I have an anecdote to share.
The cool things that are happening have added some short-term stress to my life--a welcome stress, but stress nonetheless--and short-term stress usually messes with my sleep patterns, (i.e., weird dreams, sleepless nights of planning, etc). Does anyone else spend all night fitfully trying to plan the next day in that neither-asleep-nor-awake fog? Does anyone beside me spend the entire night repeating over and over again the first couple of items of what turns out to be (the next day when you think back on it) an incomprehensible list? Anyone?
Usually, added stress will do that to me, but last night was different. Last night my brain woke me up to tell me a joke. Here's what it said,
"Joan Rivers is a plastic bag."
My brain's delivery was very dry, almost robotic, which made the joke quite funny to me. And, because it was my brain, I knew what the joke was getting at. My brain was saying that "Joan Rivers is an old bag that's had a lot of plastic surgery." I didn't know before this that my brain was an insult comic.
So, I guess my subconscious mind worked out this silly play on words, prepared its delivery, then woke me up to hit me with the punchline.
I've thought about that joke several times today, and each time the thought has caused me to giggle audibly. At one point I half snorted. Sometimes I think my brain knows me better than I know myself.
Thanks for the memories, brain, it was very thoughtful of you.
2 comments:
Schmrick, you could be a news anchor. You are very good at delivering "teasers". Which keeps me staying tuned for further reports. Please tell me your good news has something to do with singing. . .?
BTW, great joke. It made me laugh out loud, especially the last part where you said you snorted. LOL
~a
Hmmm, what good stuff could be stressing you out? Let's spill the beans already! :)
Your brain is funny. Mine wakes me up with jokes and I think they are hilarious in the moment but the next morning they aren't ever blog worthy.
Post a Comment