Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanks Given

I am thankful for many things this holiday season. You know, family, friends, work, house, food, water, air, earth, wind, fire. Of course I am thankful for those things, but those things are constantly getting thanked for, maybe it's best to let those things be taken for granted for once in order to allow other things to get a proper thanks. Here is a list of things that I am less obviously thankful for and why:

Diapers with Winne the Pooh on them because of the irony that none of the marketers seem to notice.

Those plastic hooks that let people hang Christmas lights from their roofs, because nothing gets the blood going like sitting on a roof in 30 mile-an-hour winds trying to hang an electrified strand of lights before the on-coming snow storm hits and covers said electrification with a foot and a half of electricity-conducting Slush.

Dogs, because they are the animal kingdom's amusing dumb guy.

Belts, because with out them the accidental moonings at my house would be plentiful in deed.

Clothes hangers, because you can hang clothes on them.

Silverware drawer organizer, because it helps keep the silverware separated AND it could serve as an armory for tiny mermen if push came to shove.

Fireplaces, because they provide places for the building of fires.

Tennis shoes, because they let us all imply that we play tennis, without the hassle of having to play tennis.

And finally, I am thankful for:

My life with my amazing little family in our awesome house and the great job (or two) that keeps us fed and clothed.

I'd also better throw extended family in there, Mom, Dad, K,R,K,R,J,B,S,J, et. al. and Tom, EJ, J,R,S,D,E et. al.

I am also thankful to God my Father and His son Jesus Christ for Their influence in my life. How can we fail if such greatness is with us (answer: we won't!)?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments: