Whoa Baby!
The 2010 college football season just came to an end tonight. BYU and Utah faced off in what will be the last rivalry game where the two teams will be part of the same conference. It couldn't have been a more interesting game. BYU won in every way but the final score, which incidentally is the only way that ends up counting. So, by that logic BYU also lost in every way that counts. There were a couple of controversial calls, particularly the one that gave the ball back to the Utes allowing them to score what would be the winning touchdown. There also was a point in the first half where BYU could have kicked a field goal that would have, perhaps, won the game. They decided not to and they lost.
I didn't attend the game, but I did find this Christmas card that was written by a few of the concerned parties. It is to the Ute football program:
Dear Utah man, sirs,
Merry early Christmas!
We thought long and hard about what to get you. You guys are always so hard to shop for, what with your huge heads and necks. We considered electronics, but we know how "magical things" frighten you. I mean, really, what do you get the worst 9/2 team in history? We considered giving you a loss, we really did. That seemed selfish though (and kind of mean to TCU).
So, here is your present, a gift-wrapped win. (you almost ruined our plans by stinking bad enough to not cache in on our obvious gift).
All our love and affection,
the referee staff, BYU's myriad mistakes, Jordan Wynn's mustache, and your mom.
XOXO
I like how the refs, BYU's mistakes and the Ute's mom all teamed up to give Utah a very BYU-like win. I'm also fairly sure Jordan Wynn's mustache didn't actually participate in the gift, I can't imagine it has enough gumption or money to pitch in.
Ah well.
1 comment:
I just re-read this post. Sour grapes anyone? Yeah, a little bit. I take back the "worst 9/2 team" It should read worst 10/2 team. I'm kidding. I know how it stirs up the blood for my Ute readers, I'm sorry.
UPDATE: I really hope Utah beats BSU. I really would like a local school to show some ability against the broncos.
-Wilson Culpepper
Post a Comment