Thursday, February 11, 2010

Odd and End

About a year and a half ago we had this big election where a new President of the United States (sometimes hilariously abbreviated as POTUS, I don't know why it's hilarious) was selected. Before that day there was much campaigning. The campaigning includes using the last names of POTUS candidates with the last names VPOTUS candidates in tandem.

Like so:

Obama
Biden

and

McCain
Palin

If you take a editing pencil to the winning set of names it doesn't take too many marks to make it read Osama Bin Laden, which I think is funny.

Not so fast Republicans, because a few marks also changes your losing candidates names to Cain Satan, which is also funny.




Next. Does any one else with small children hate Dora and Diego? Loud-mouthed, screaming, neglected children with backpacks and maps for friends are not entertaining, they are annoying and little bit sad. The fact that they hang out with dangerous wild animals is scary.

They probably need help. Yet Nickelodeon continues to point their cameras at them rather than get them the help they need. A bath, a bed to rest their state-fair-winning-pumkin-sized heads, some fashion advice (even I know that red short pants should not be worn with a florecent pink T-shirt, and that a florecent pink T shirt should not be worn), and hearing aids (they yell constantly, like old people trying to whisper).

It would also be nice if they would stop brainwashing my little ones into thinking that they like their shows.



Finally. I was reading the other day. I know, shocking. The words I read said they wanted me to kill a guy (I'm just kidding, it was the voices that said that--Just kidding again, it was my mom).

Anyway, stupid asides aside, what the words really said was, "When your odds and ends are depleted down to one is it called an odd and end?"

The answer to that question is "no," followed by "shut up," followed by "sorry it's not you," followed by "work is getting stressful and life is crazy for me right now," followed by "I love you," followed by *hug*.

My point is that the last one of your odds and ends is either an odd or an end. It doesn't matter that they are not called odds and/or ends.




That's all.

No comments: