My son Ike (4.5 yrs) and daughter Mimi (3 yrs) have taken to telling jokes. These jokes are technically jokes in that they resemble the form of traditional jokes and they are intended to be funny. Here are a few of my personal favorites:
Q. What do you get when you put a roast beef next to a baby?
A. Roast beef baby.
Q. What do you get when you put a coffee table next to a book?
A. Coffee table book.
Q. Why did the snowman stick to the roof?
A. He was poopy and sticky.
Knock Knock
Who's there?
The bathtub.
The bathtub who?
... (no response)
I am laughing as I write this, so maybe these are jokes after all. Mimi is undeniably creative, when ever I tickle her under arms I ask her what she keeps under there. Most kids say nothing. Her answers usually involve some sort of insect or crustacean like, a lady bug, grasshopper, butterfly or crab.
Good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment