It has been a surprisingly long time. I have thought of you often, but you know how that goes. So, how've you been? Really? Swap meets? Hmm. Good money. Well, yeah, I have been busy. I started teaching once a week on Tuesday nights at a local university named after an old Mormon Prophet, that's right--Creighton. Good ol' President Creighton and his plan to bless alphalpha as a monetary system. Good ol', crazy, President Creighton.
What else has happened in the five month interegnum between posts? I don't know. Nothing. Christmas happened, as did Presidents Day, St. Patrick's Day, and April Fool's Day. Speaking of April Fool's, Ike, my four-year-old son, and his mom, Buffy, short sheeted me. I nearly broke my legs. He was delighted.
Ooh, and we visited my mom, Maggs, and went to church with her. Her church recreation area was shored up with a network of beams and pillars. It turns out that the roof is moments away from caving in and that the building is now condemned. They have to tear it down and build a new one. Take that, New Delta Third!
On the work front, I applied for a new job last week. It appears to be a highly sought after position with the state's human resources department. I hope to at least get an interview.
Mimi, my three-year-old daughter, and I have a daily ritual called Potty time with Daddy and Mimi. There is a theme song that goes with this event which is often sung by Mimi. It goes, "Potty time with Daddy and Mimi...MiMi!" Then we laugh.
Speaking of singing, last night, Ike, Mimi, and I watched an old recorded episode of 30 Rock in which the cast sings Gladys Knight's iconic hit, 'Midnight Train to Georgia.' We, of course, sang along and did the actions. Ike makes us all let him take the solo on "my world, your world, our world, yours and mine alone." Mimi is quite astute at following up with "I've GOT to go, I've GOT to go."
At seven months Kitti is growing like a weed, she is by far our worst sleeper waking up once or twice per night, usually at 1:30 and again at 4:30. Of course, Buffy and I are suffering from Space Dimensia as a result. Why, just this morning I ate a bar of soap thinking it was an ice cream sandwich.
Winter has extended itself beyond its usual time frame in our homestate of Schmutah. We've had snow twice so far in April. And, more is forcast for this week, but it looks like we'll finally start to warm by the weekend. I can't wait to stop shoveling my sidewalks occasionally so I can start mowing my damn lawn every week. Yeah!
On a sadder note, my uncle Milhouse passed away two weeks ago. He was my dad's last living brother, and he was an incredible man. We'll miss him. He was 66 years old, in fact none of the Murdock boys made it anywhere near 80 years old. Which, I believe, means that I will be making an early departure from this spinning rock called Schmearth. When I do go, I hope to leave those surrounding me with a great joke. One last zinger that makes them laugh, just as they realize that I have died, so they can then begin to cry. There is nothing better than laughing through tears (yes, I know, this would technically be tearing through laughs).
That is all I got, Mr Blog, see you in five months!
No comments:
Post a Comment