Thursday, May 15, 2008

I am tired and angry

I'm tired. I need some rest. Please, anyone, make me go to bed at a reasonable hour. This most recent bout with "sleep dep" started on Sunday (today is Thursday) The Schmutah Schmazz a local Schmasketschmall team had a playoff game. I was at church during the game, so I recorded it to view later.

I learned that the Schmazz had won the game in overtime and that it was a great game. So I looked forward to watching it. Unfortunately, our afternoon was booked.

Of course, we had Sunday dinner at, Buffy's dad, Cap'n's house and didn't get home until 9:00 PM. When we finally got home it took a good hour to get Ike, Mimi, and Kitty into bed with yappers shut and noses snoring. Then, of course, Buffy wanted to watch Survivor--the season finale of Survivor--the three-hour season finale of Survivor. So, at 1:00 AM we learned that the million-dollar winner was some girl ironically named Poverty. And, that the next Survivor would be in the jungles of Africa.

Finally! I took the remote, Buffy looked at me like, "Whatcha doon? (translation: what are you doing?)" I said, "I've been patiently waiting all day, I'm watching the game." She rolled her eyes and went to bed.

First quarter, excellent.

Second quarter, excellent.

Third quater, I may have drifted off a little bit.

Fourth quarter, Schmazz up ten, three minutes left to play. . . the DVR stopped! The last several minutes and the overtime were not recorded!

SO, after about two hours of investment in the middle of the night, I didn't see any of the exciting stuff. Oh, well.

Luckily, I had new episodes of The Office and 30 Rock that I hadn't yet watched. So I watched them. It was somewhere in the 4:00 hour when I finally went to sleep.

I'm stupid. And tired. And angry. And stupid.

No comments: