Monday, July 15, 2013

93, 93, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, 93: An Historical Retrospective.

I graduated from High School twenty years ago, in 1993.  Allow me to wax a little nostalgic about the "good ol' days."

1993 was a very prestigious year to graduate from high school.  There are tons of famous graduates.  Let me demonstrate with a series of pictures of class of '93 graduates:






So, I am a contemporary of Slater, Dylan, and the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.  I think this means that 1993 was the last year that anyone would buy the 30-year-old actors playing Seniors for the fifth straight year.


Also, these two were born the same week that I graduated from high school:









Other things that have happened since I graduated from high school.


  • Bill Clinton finished his ...  



                ...fourth month as President of the United States.



  • OJ Simpson reinvented what he is best known for (hint: it is not his athletic prowess)



  • David Letterman moved to CBS




  • The internet became...


               ...a thing




  • NAFTA was signed.  I don't know what that means, but judging by the following photo, it must have been something to do with giant stereotypical North Americans fighting over a toy-laden quilt with North America embroidered on it.



  • Hong Kong was reunited with China.
These pictures came up with a Google search of Hong Kong reunited with China. I assume that they are Trojan duckies that the UK sent to China in connection with the reunification.  I assume they were intended to be filled with those palace guards that aren't allowed to smile, but they all smiled at the idea of riding inside a giant rubber ducky and were fired, leaving the ducky empty and adrift in the ocean.  Later the ducky surfaced in New Zealand.






  • They cloned a sheep named dolly, leading to the question will there be another ewe?  or you?





No comments: