Wow! Buffy and I have been married for 12 years!
Our marriage is graduating from Primary and going into the YM/YW program. Just to cover our bases we're also having the marriage Bat-mitzvah-ed, and next year we'll have the Bar-mitzvah (for you gentiles: Bat for girls @12, Bar for boys @13).
In honor of this occasion, I would like to write a list of things that come in twelves (the number 12, not Twilight fans who are also elves):
1. doughnuts
2. deacons
3. Pacific Athletic Conference members
4. inches
5. tones
6. months
7. Apostles
8. tribes of Israel
9. things that are cheaper by the dozen
10. things that are a dime a dozen
11. things that are dirty dozens
12. the years Buffy and I have spent together
13. this list (until I added #13)
Honorable mentions:
a twelve pack
two six packs
three four packs
four three packs
six two packs
twelve one packs
Note: the way the honorable mentions are written is unclear, do I mean twelve twelve packs, twelve sets of two six packs, etc.? The answer is, yes, I mean--in every case--144 units.
Thank you and good night.
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary, Buffy and Schmrick. Love your posts. Hope it is a happy celebration and here's to many more!
Dozen roses to you
~a
Happy 12th! Love following your blog. Ted and I just celebrated 35 on Monday. Many happy years to come.
Post a Comment