Tuesday, June 19, 2012

We Need a Hero


Superhero name 

The Clapper

Secret identity name

Marcus J. Connecticut

Place of origin  

Clappington Heights,  Kansas, USA

Super skills  

Supersonic Clap, Subatomic Clap, Uber Zeitgeist Clap, Clapalanche (or “Slow Clap”) Instigation, Scuba certified

Vulnerabilities/Weaknesses  

Hand injuries, Awkward silences, Applause meters, Applause meteors


Brief description of your best superhero moment
Once, a guy gave a really good speech--a triumph-of-the-human-spirit-type speech--and everyone listening was completely silent.  So, I stood up (we were on the bleachers in the student section) and started my first clapalanche. Slowly, with purpose, I clapped once, then twice, then three times.  Picking up speed I clapped again and again the flesh of my palms slapping forth the great crack of the human clap.  Others joined me.  The noise grew out of nothing, building in crescendo until it crashed like great waves of sound.  We applauded.  We applauded like no group of humans had applauded before. All because of my gift and that guy's speech.



Superhero picture
\

No comments: