Sunday, August 29, 2010

Celebrity Home Invasion

Buffy got an email from Shelle (pronounced Shelly) Solberg (I would have said Schmelle Schmolberg like I normally do, but it kind of sounds like an insult that way), the founder of Let's Play Music--a music curriculum for preschool aged kids, saying that she was coming to our house a week from this Tuesday. Buffy is a teacher of Let's Play Music, and Shelle selects a few teachers around the country to visit. She does this to evaluate the teaching corps and give feedback. It also gives her an idea of where their teacher training modules can improve.



All this excitement of a bona fide quasi-celebrity coming to our house has reminded me of all of the other times I have interacted with quasi-celebrities and/or they have come to my house. The first several of these are actually true.



1. Elizabeth Smart accompanied her roommate to my house and waited in my living room while said roommate had a voice lesson with the Buffy.



2. Julie from MTV's the Real World, remember her? She got kicked out of BYU for living with people of the opposite gender while taping The Real World. She came over to our house to play video games with my roommates. She was at the very pinnacle of her notariety at the time. We (my college roommates and I) were very impressed.



3. Kim Johnson, the former anchor/ reporter for KSL and wife of one of the ousted Olympics guys, came to get her daughter from the house Buffy and I were staying in while we baby sat a family--sans parents, of course. The family included a friend of Kim Johnson's daughter.



4. Wilford Brimley attended a play with me at Shmolympus Schmigh, the school where my sister teaches theatre arts. Our seats were a mere ten or fifteen rows apart.



5. I saw Lisa Bonet at a play in L.A. The show was A Little Night Music that a college friend of mine that we called Elvis was acting in. She is very, very small.



6. Shamu blew his blow-holey salt water all over me at Sea World.



7. Carol Channing stopped by my office to see if I could hang out with her. I took her up on it, and we watched old video tapes of her in Hello Dolly. It was fun.



8. George Peppard (Breakfast at Tiffany's and The A-Team) sucker punched me while I was waiting in line at Splash Mountain at Disney Land. He said that he was mad at some jerk who had called him Hanibal and that he had taken it out on me, "no hard feelings, kid." That's when I round house kicked him to the face.



9. Mike Tyson bit my ear.



10. I hit the Geico lizzard with my car last week.

1 comment:

Annieofbluegables said...

I'm thinking that is the same Music program Schmike's wife is doing as well.
~a