Buffy is expecting. Due on St. Hallow's Eve. So we're just getting geared up. The other night I asked Mimi, our four-year-old daughter with hyper-active bees residing in her head (my thanks to Eric Snider for that joke), what she thought we should name the new kid. With out any hesitation, she spewed forth the following 45 names (I have tried to spell them in such a way that they are fo-net-ik-lee pronounceable, but still name-like):
Glacka
Bookrita
Button
Boxah
Jake
Jacob
Julie
Glassy
Lippie
Stairie
Eerah
Leeba
Slopper
Kaker
Flotter
Jake
Bonka
Stinka
Frilla
Kanga
Jyka
Schtypa
Slobber
Fyrus
Klyber
Fyker
Spitty
Dora
Quako
Julian
Caykah
Cake
Caleb
Scarfalla
Lucebert
Brushalla
Jykin
Plykin
Twisty
Blow-up
D'Wacko
Eerah
Chanka
Lanka, and
Blow-up.
She repeated a few.
Honestly, I have never witnessed such absolute, hilarious, creativity in my lifetime. Buffy and I make funny ones. I can't wait to meet Lucebert. Oops, I mean, Twisty.
4 comments:
That is hilarious I wish you would have had the video cameral going while she was coming up with those names. You could be rich on America's Funniest Videos (or what ever that shows name is). In fact with the funny things your kids say, you should have a video camera going at all times. I can't wait to find out what the real name will be!
Congrats, Rick and Buffy on baby #4. My kids came up with "Chicken Nugget" and "Uniqua" for babe #3 (miscarried, don't feel bad). I hope you are all doing well. I need to hear you sing some time. You performing?
That is hilarious!!!! Ellie must come and play with her soon. (Her new phrase here is "May I please have some wuh?" It means nothing)
I love these most of all: How can a child not succeed in life with a name like D'Waco?
Bonka
Stinka
Frilla
Scarfalla
Lucebert
Brushalla
D'Wacko
I love it! My niece wanted to name her sister "Kronk" or "Izma" from The Emperor's New Groove. I personally prefer "Thuthan" to make your child have a perceived lisp forever. :-)
Post a Comment