I would like to take a moment to make my Presidential endorsements. I assume that this un-read blog will be just what is needed to sway the undecided voter into the camp of my preferred candidate.
Republican Primary: I have to endorse Mitt Romney. This guy, although not shown in the mainstream media as such, is a fantastic leader. He is, really, what the country needs. His management style, honed in big business, avoids groupthink by welcoming, even encouraging, disenting opinion. He is the ultimate "turn around" business man. He also has experience governing a fairly populous state. As Governor of Massachusettes he had to work with a liberal congress and was fairly successful in accomplishing things. Is his record perfect? No. But, in the world of politics where compromise is absolutely necessary in order to accomplish anything, Romney has shown that he can. Accomplish things, that is. His speach on religion (Dec. 6, 2007) was spot on, and he really aught to have a chance at the nomination.
That said, Mike Huckabee's slick one-liners will eventully turn out to be fluff and he will be exposed as a flash in the pan and will peter out by February. He's embarassing. Chuck Norse? Really? America, come on. This race should belong to Romney or Gulianni.
Which brings me to my next point.
Democratic Primary: Barack Obama has my support. In a race between any Republican candidate, other than Romney, and Barack Obama, I vote Obama. I love his presence, intelligence, and aura. I can't say I have studied him as much as the Republican candidates, but from what I have seen I absolutely respect him.
That said, if Hillary Clinton becomes the democratic nominee, I will vote Republican. I cannot abide Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton for more than two decades. These folks are too devisive. We need our next president to be a unitor. I see Obama and Romney as this type of candidate. Presidents that we could be proud of regardless of whether we completely agree with all of their stances. All other candidates embarass me.
No comments:
Post a Comment