Friday, November 9, 2007

A Post To Myself

Hi Everyone (me),

It sure looks as if this blog thing of mine will not be very popular. Especially considering that I am the only person that has looked at it so far. My wife hasn't even ventured to look at it. In fact, the only comment thus far is mine. I made it look like someone else posted it, but it was me. Also, I have not cared to write as often as I thought I might. They say that writers write, and anyone that wants to be a writer should spend time writing. I once thought I might just be a writer. Turns out I am not. A writer, that is. That is okay. This blog is mine and I can do what ever I want with it, so I will post innane ramblings every three weeks and there is nothing that you (the non-existant reader) can do about it.

Hopefully, I will someday figure out how to post audio files on here so that I can post soundy stuff. I have always dreamed of cutting an album of original music, so I have a bunch of original music needing to be heard--and snapped to. If I ever figure it out I will post some here. My biggest musical influences (at least for my writing) are Milli Vanilli, Hammer, Quiet Riot, C&C Music Factory, Salt-n-Peppa, Schubert, Bell, Biv, Devoe (separately), Guar, Tammy Wynette, Foo Fighters, Whoopi Goldberg (on the nun movie), Alan Thicke, Justin (Guarini not Timberlake), Andy Williams, Dr. Dre (Yo MTV Raps, not Chronic), John Williams, Creed (the office, not the 90's), Ashlee Simpson, Mandy Moore, Christina Yothers, Cap'n Crunch, Tony the Tiger, the "Chocolate Rain" guy, Tevin Campbell (before his voice changed), Margot Kidder, Quincy (Little Einsteins, not Jones), The Cardigans, The Sweater Vests, The Windbreakers (jackets, not farts), The Long-Sleaved Shirts, The Undershirts, and The Skins.

I don't know that I have ever made such a comprehensive list of my musical influences before. Whether it is the heavy metal of Quiet Riot or the sing-song speech of Margot Kidder (can you read my mind, in deed), each of these acts/persons have made a difference in my own musical ability. For example, the resonance that I have tried to create in my singing is fueled by Tony the Tiger's, "They're Great!" slogan, the heavy dance beat comes from C&C, and the explicit contents of my lyrics come directly from Cap'n Crunch.

Praise Music!

No comments: