Thursday, January 2, 2014

Inventory for 2013

Wow!  What a year for the Murgotts family.  Murgotts is how most of my kids pronounced our last name for the first while after they learned to speak, so Murgotts it is.  Here is a list of the main things that happened in 2013.

We had a baby (and it's head popped off!)!, which is one of the many dandelion-based games we played this year.  We also had a baby whose head did not pop off.  We called him Toby.  He is very smiley, but like most Tobys he insists that his name is Kunta Kinte.  His birth was chronicled here as was the initial telling of the Kunta Kinte joke.

We moved into a new home in a new neighborhood. I wrote about the move here.

We, Lady Buffington and I, celebrated 20 years since graduating from Schmigh Schmool about which this post is written.


I didn't write as much this year as in years past.  I'm not sure what this can be attributed to; perhaps it was laziness, busy-ness, business, lazy-ness, or lack of things to say.  Whatever the case there was a four-and-a-half month gap in writing this year, which started immediately after July, the month in which this blog recorded a record number of views/hits.

My personal favorite posts this year involved blasphemy, stores, another store, and the tooth fairy.

I also got mad about politics and religion, and pitched a sitcom about a roof raiser.

Finally, I posted some Christmas videos, talked briefly about my brother who died this year, and listed things that come in sets of twelve.

Thanks for reading Mom!

Happy New Year!



No comments: