Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Trailer Trash Revisited: Triumph of the Theme Song!

Hey,

Remember how I wrote a theme song for an internet podcast (see below)?  Well, they used it.  I guess they had several entries, and they used mine first (they are going to use all of them in rotation).  I feel like a minor celebrity (e.g. George Lopez, the kid from Goonies, Taylor Lautner).  Here is a link, in case you need proof: http://moviebs.cascadia.fm/.  You'll find it on episode 58.  Be warned there is a bit of the swearing (it does take place in Portland, where smart people swear like sailors and sailors swear like my mom when she is surprised or forced to sing John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt over and over again).

That's not all.  About a year-and-a-half ago, I did some voice-over work for the Mormon Channel, and this week they finally aired it.  I have two lines of dialogue as Joseph Smith.  My performance is not very good--I blame the director (because I am egotistical talent, and a bad performance could not posibly be my fault).  You can check it out at the Mormon Channel radio station under the History of Hymns podcast.  The podcast is good, my performance is not great, but it is less than two seconds of total air time, so it won't ruin your weekend.

So, as far as getting onto internet radio podcasts, this has been a pretty good week.

No comments: