Thursday, June 10, 2010

She...Could...Go...All...The...Way!

Hi everyone.

I have one quick anecdote I'd like to share. I have a daughter named Kitty (names have been changed). She's two. Cute as a bug. A cute bug. Strike that, let me start again. Unlike bugs, she is cute.

A few weeks ago I sat in Sunday School with the other adults of the Schmimerron Schmecond Schmard, when a guy sitting next to me tapped my knee and gave me the "look over there" head nod. I began to turn.  Before I was able to focus on what my attention was being directed to, I heard:

"BOO YAH!"

The "Boo Yah!" was delivered in a recognizable elvin-munchkin tone, the voice of my daughter--Kitty.

The adults of the Schmimerron Schmecond Schmard erupted in laughter. The sports term, circa 1999, had come from the kazoo-like voice of my two-year-old. Although we have no idea where she picked up the phrase (probably from watching old Stuart Scott SportCenters), she had recently begun to use it as a way of announcing her emergence from sleep, and now--with her nursery teacher in tow and in front of all--she announced her need to use potty facilities with the same exclamation.

All I have to say is the similarly dated, "you go (little) girl!"

No comments: