I am now another year older. I was born smack dab in the middle of the Seventies (more specifically, the nineteen-seventies) and, therefore, am a disgruntled product of Generation X. I would be more gruntled if there were no such thing as Babyboomers. As all of the other three generations know (Veterans, Millennials, and us) Boomers are the ruiners of yours and my economy/planet. What with their business acumen and civil rights marches and hippie hippinesses.
So, anyway, I am 33 years old now. Which means that my life can be dived into two equal segments of 16.5 years. Which makes me want to declare my thirties as my double-teens. So, I am going to do in my thirties what I did as a teenager--only twice as much (like a double-teen should).
Tonight, I plan to awkwardly say two or three sentences to my wife followed by a week of my face breaking out. After that, I am going to put on a pair of purple denim jeans and a silk shirt with several squirts of some generic cologne and go to our local church cultural hall and dance awkwardly with other awkwardly-dancing double-teens.
The next morning, I will sleep until about 10:00 AM (wearing only tighty-whiteys). Then I will, with much grumbling, hap-hap-haphazardly mow the lawn. I will then spend the balance of the day commenting on how boring it is around here and thinking I know everything.
Being a double-teen sucks.
1 comment:
Holy cow Rick, I just read this entry. LAUGH OUT LOUD why don't ya! Can we stay up late watching Saturday Night Live then groan that we have to get up and go to church at 9am? I love it!
FYI, I have a blog on my Sparkpeople website if you want to check it out. Here is the URL, my.sparkpeople.com/JANAMURDOCK. On that page you will see the section for blog entries, just click on the entry date. You can also follow my fitness goals if indeed you want to. Please keep writing! Love you! :)
Post a Comment