Monday, October 8, 2007

General Conference

The 177th Semi-annual conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was held over the weekend. It was an excellent conference. The addresses that stuck out to me were President Eyring (newly sustained to the first presidency)'s Priesthood Meeting address, Spencer Condie's talk in the opening session, Elder's Ballard, Holland, Hales, Nelson stuck out for various reasons.

I also was very touched by Elder Wirthlin's address. About midway through the talk he began to shake. He was obviously not well. after a few seconds Elder Russ Nelson came and helped him stand until he could finish the talk. I am told that Nelson served as a counselor in a Stake Presidency with Wirthlin. Wirthlin's talk was about selfless service, I saw a lot of application in the sweetness that Elder Nelson showed holding him up. By the time the talk was over Elder Wirthlin was almost completely spent. I hope he's okay.

No comments: